Friday, November 30, 2012

a winter poem

This morning's poem over at The Writer's Almanac was perfect for this tree lover on the dawn of December. I figured I would share it with those who don't subscribe, and also, just to keep it here to revisit every so often. Thank you, Linda Pastan. I haven't been writing too much lately, but when I get to read poems that say so eloquently what I might want to say, sometimes it is just more fun to read!


"Vertical" by Linda Pastan, from Traveling Light. © Norton, 2010. Reprinted with the permission at The Writer's Almanac

2 comments:

bythewobblydumdumtree said...

Yes it is a lovely poem. Thanks for visiting my blog and so reminding that is is a long time since I visited here!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This poem is stunning. I love the ode to the vertical, the sights you have captured, the textures..........you hit it out of the park with your closing line. Wowzers!