Saturday, April 14, 2012

jeff, who lives at home

Wonder of wonders, we actually saw a movie in the theater last night. And it was a movie that started after 9 p.m. I felt like a younger version of my current self, and that was fun. The choice of movies was mine, and I picked out quirky "Jeff, Who Lives At Home," starring Jason Segel, Ed Helms, and Susan Sarandon.

I liked everything about this movie. It made me laugh out loud several times. It made me cry in a couple of places. It made me think and it made me feel.

The movie takes place in the course of one day, and it deals artfully with internal conflicts for all three of the main characters. It explores the question of what is one's destiny...and picking up on signs from the universe. Haven't we all just wanted to catch a sign? You can check out more about the movie at the link above, and you can view the trailer, here. This movie has just enough angst to make it real, and unfolds into a very nice feel-good experience.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I had thought about going to see this movie a couple times, but didn't. Your review makes me reconsider. I saw "Bully" yesterday. Not an upper, but definitely one that people should see.

nan said...

Do go out and see it Mary!