signs
I study faces
and the lines on your palms.
I look in tea leaves
and see patterns
in the fine coffee silt
of the overturned cup.
I read star charts
and study all sorts
of numbers.
It seems I see the signs
for everyone else
except me.
So you say, God is with me
-- now?
Copyright ©
2012 Nan P.
7 comments:
Ah yes, sometimes it seems a person can figure out things about everyone else's life except their own. I like this poem and may think about the prompt!
Thoroughly enjoyable read. I like that it caught me off guard at the end.
as poetry this is beautiful, and I love the little twist at the end - well done
Very nice -- I especially like the imagery of coffee silt.
A delightful read. I liked that "now?" at the end. It makes me want to see that movie; and try that prompt idea as well.
Richard
Annette - the coffee silt comes from a memory of a friend from Greece who used to read fortunes (after a night of drinking and then Greek espresso) by reading the patterns the finely ground coffee made on turning the cups upside down....
Mr. Walker... do see the movie. My poem is loosely inspired by the film. It is a GREAT film... and my poem was just a quick take-off on one thought I had after watching the movie. If you read my review, linked within the post, you can find links to the film's web site and trailer.
Interesting point about prophesy. I'll note that movie title.
Post a Comment