Thursday, March 27, 2008

amazing stroke of luck

This is VERY worth the 18 minutes it will take to view.

Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment. This is a powerful story about how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another.
http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/229


[I wasn't able to get the video to play when I embedded it, so I decided not to embed. Please click on the link above.]

Tip of the hat to both Eclecticity and to Ralph who shared this. It is meant to be passed along!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan,
This morning I watched a film by Geert Wilders on Youtube. It was depressing and fearful. Then I watched this one and it seems like it offers the opposite of the first. Fear and hate vs. the beauty of life. Seems like a no brainer (no pun indended) and I know I'm not alone, so why such turmoil in this world? Gives me some things to ponder this morning as I start my day.