Nan is Monday blogging, which means I am not at work today. I thought this cartoon was great, and perfect for the season. Matt finishes school for the summer on Wednesday, and he has been counting down for three weeks. I am sure he is not the only one!On a sadder note, I want to join some of my blog friends in paying tribute to George Carlin, who died yesterday. I found this great quote in Keith St. Clair's A.P. tribute to Carlin:
Enjoy this classic video clip of George Carlin on the differences between baseball and football: "Safe at Home." (And I'm sure he is!)In one of his most famous routines, Carlin railed against euphemisms he said have become so widespread that no one can simply "die." "'Older' sounds a little better than 'old,' doesn't it?," he said. "Sounds like it might even last a little longer. ... I'm getting old. And it's OK. Because thanks to our fear of death in this country I won't have to die — I'll 'pass away.' Or I'll 'expire,' like a magazine subscription. If it happens in the hospital they'll call it a 'terminal episode.' The insurance company will refer to it as 'negative patient care outcome.' And if it's the result of malpractice they'll say it was a 'therapeutic misadventure.'"
My friend at Eclecticity posted a great tribute, complete with some funny Carlin quotes. So, with a hat-tip to the Eclectipundit, I am linking to it here: R.I.P. George.
3 comments:
One more great Carlin tribute at indexed.com: Well, shit.
Enjoyed the music very much. Thanks, Nan.
PS. I tried to leave a comment twice at the music blog but it was rejected twice. So that's why I'm out of sync. Sorry.
Post a Comment