As I glanced out the window this evening onto the fourth little winter storm of the season since October (yes, fourth, and yes, October,) I thought of this Matisse painting that I really like. It is a nice image as I look ahead just a few weeks to our trip to Belize. It is really hard to imagine that after the snow and cold of upstate New York, we will be breathing in the warm, moist,
rainforest air of Central America in less than a month. Did I mention I probably won't have
Internet access for the first 4-5 days of the trip? Besides the weather, that too is a bit hard to imagine.
4 comments:
The painting brings two things to mind. 1) I know somebody who lives in Collioure now. A former work colleague and his wife make art glass there. We have an open invitation which I hope one day we will use....
2) Friends in Delaware used a painting like this--a window on the sea--over their fireplace where the chimney was in the place where a window should have been, looking out on the water. Wonderful effect (but still not a window!)
Those colors are magnificent.
I can smell the flowers and feel the breeze off the water.
And in Belize, you won't have to imagine it. So much for internet access - enjoy your senses and forget about the bits and bytes. I'm sure Matisse would approve! :) - J.
Thanks for enjoying this painting with me Ralph, Kat, and Jeff. Good advice from Jeff! It is good to forget about Internet access now and then. Matisse would definitely approve.
Post a Comment