life outside the window screen --
a pang of regret
It was a gorgeous weekend. Tom brought out the deck furniture. I was dying to sit out there and take in the air, read a book, and look at the birds at the feeders. With the exception of my constitutional Sunday morning walk with my neighbor Darci, I stayed disciplined and sat in front of the computer typing up interview transcripts and writing up field notes. I stayed off the Internet, and I got quite a bit done. Not everything is done, of course. Another week and a half of this pace and I'll be just about done with this course.
Tom is a great dad and took Matt and his two buddies Jack and Russell to play laser tag at the mall this afternoon as a special ending to the "last day of vacation" until summer vacation. Matt enjoyed last week off, and is feeling quite bummed about tomorrow morning. We cooked out on the grill for dinner. Back to the routine tomorrow.
Tom is a great dad and took Matt and his two buddies Jack and Russell to play laser tag at the mall this afternoon as a special ending to the "last day of vacation" until summer vacation. Matt enjoyed last week off, and is feeling quite bummed about tomorrow morning. We cooked out on the grill for dinner. Back to the routine tomorrow.
1 comment:
Nan,
I uncovered my deck furniture and bought a new umbrella, but the weather has been awful since then. I am dying for that weekend you mentioned!
Post a Comment