Sunday, April 26, 2009

send me on my way

It was another glorious day here in Central New York. I had forgotten how happy the warm breeze of fresh air moving through the house makes me. How we went from 30 degrees and snow to 80 degrees and sunny in 48 hours is something I just can't fathom. For now, I am just rejoicing in the air through window screens and the sight of sunshine out my windows.

This is a happy little post to report that the research paper is done! I may tinker with it a little between now and Wednesday evening when I have to hand it it, but for the most part I feel good about the work, and I am enjoying that nice feeling of accomplishment and relief that comes at the end of the semester. All I will have left is a brief presentation on May 6th and the semester will be complete.

To celebrate, I am going out on the deck to enjoy the last of the day's sunshine and some fresh air . . . and I think I may start a book for pleasure. What a great concept! This song by Rusted Root is one that I think of when I am feeling happy. Click HERE and enjoy!

4 comments:

Pam said...

Congrats on finishing your paper! What a great feeling. And I'm wondering the same thing about the weather here in RI. When I went to bed it was April and when I woke up this morning it was July! Unfortunately, my closet and drawers still think it's April. And the A/C units are still sound asleep in the basement. Needless to say I've been sweating like a pig all day! YUCK!

Ralph said...

Good for you and the completion of the project! We're in the 90s here, and the A/C is going, which is just as well because we have to close all the windows against the oak pollen anyway. It's "gold-green" season around here.

The song telescopes your happy mood perfectly!

Nan said...

Nan, this is a song very, very close to my heart. My daughter's teen years were filled with Rusted Root, so much so that Send Me On My Way was the recessional at her high school graduation. It made me smile. And then it made me cry when it was the closing song at a funeral of a young boy only a couple years older than my daughter. You left a comment a year ago:
http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/2008/03/death-of-soldier.html

nan said...

Nan- I remember that post. I can imagine that every parent wants for their children the sheer, unadulterated happiness that the song sings... and that must have been a very poignant and touching way to say goodbye to your daughter's friend. The song is so joyful. I would like to think that the next frontier can be that joyful when the spirit is freed to be sent on (his/her) way. Your comment reminds me that there are two sides to the coin...