Tuesday, January 5, 2010

mango tree

A year ago this week I was in Belize soaking up the moist heat of the rain forest. When I think of Belize, I think of earthy smells, the green all around, the warmth, blue morpho butterflies, brilliant colors in the birds and the flowers, a simple and beautiful lifestyle, delicious foods and succulent fruits.

At my lunch break today, I started humming this song, Mango Tree, by Australian Indie folk duo Angus and Julia Stone (a brother and sister gig). It seemed like a good post for today. I like the creative video with the sketches changing into film and then back again. I like the butterfly that is flitting around the screen. I love the images of the water. Even though this is probably set down under, it brought me to a familiar place in my mind.

While all around us there is fluffy snow in the air, all it takes is one image, one thought, and I am day dreaming back to Belize.

"I wish I had a mango tree. In my backyard..."

1 comment:

Tom said...

OK, how about "Ecology and Economy in Australia" for January 2011?