Sunday, January 30, 2011

kindle your heart's flame

Lighting candles is part of many spiritual traditions. For those so inclined, gratefulness.org offers a wonderful practice for meditation/prayer. Even though this is "virtual," and "free," I find it as real as anything. Lighting a candle quiets my mind for a moment, allows me to concentrate on a point of meditation. Simply follow the directions from the link. Your flickering candle will remain lit for 48 hours. Feel free to visit daily or when you remember. Welcome to a very special place! Your very own heart!

Click on the following link to: Light A Candle

This is a site you may likely want to return to. Just in case you forget the address, I have added an entry point to the "light a candle" page from this blog. You will find the link in the right side bar, below the moon phases and Jackson Pollock gadgets.

1 comment:

Pam said...

This is very cool. Meditation is something that intrigues me, but something that I also feel incapable of doing. This is a nice, safe way to start. Thanks for sharing.