Thursday, January 20, 2011

time lapse beauty

Saw this on a blog I read, and was struck by the incredible beauty of the photography, art, and subject matter: the place that is New York City. I have always been drawn to NYC, though I have never lived there. In fact, I have always lived hours away. But I manage to visit now and then. This video provided me with an interesting, virtual, time lapse kind of visit.

Enjoy this video - and the great soundtrack (Down to the Cellar, by Dredg) - shared via YouTube by "mindrelic," Josh Owens. This was shot during November 2010.


3 comments:

Ralph said...

This is Koyaanisqatsi in miniature, Nan. If you haven't added that to your Netflix cue, you should. It's a feature-length fil of exactly this set against an incredible Phillip Glass score.

Jeff said...

Hey Nan:

Serendipity again? I had seen a link to this video couple of days ago but then lost my bookmark. Now here it pops up again!

My hometown - the city that's always moving. Sometimes when I'm there on a client visit, I find myself just standing still on the corner, recharging with all the available energy...

- Jeff

nan said...

Ralph, I loved Koyaanisqatsi - and especially the score. Jeff, what a great thing to do - stand on a corner to recharge on the available energy. Cool.