Thursday, March 3, 2011

sea change

The ocean. Fine sand or rocky beaches, I love them both, with the sounds and the salty smells, and the beautiful waves. My folks are enjoying a couple weeks in Florida, and one of my sisters is getting to spend some time with them next week. Is it possible to wish I was there without feeling jealous? I think so. I know I can't be there, so I don't feel jealous. But I do feel perhaps just a tinge of longing. That warm, salty air certainly would feel nice on these lungs that are recovering.

Tonight, when I found this video, I thought, this will work for a Thursday evening WJPP pick. This is Beck and his song, The Golden Age, lead track on his 2002 album, Sea Change. (Tomorrow I can celebrate being done with antibiotics, and hopefully a cough that is subsiding. The pleurisy effects have diminished greatly and I don't have any pain anymore. It is all washing away.)

2 comments:

Jean Liv said...

Glad you're feeling better. Wish you could come for a little visit though! The salt air does wonders for the cough...ok not really but the spirit would benefit!

splendid said...

so glad to hear you are on the mend! i am here as well. yes the sea air sounds perfect, hope you enjoy your weekend!