I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. [unknown]. "Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that" -- MLK, Jr.
Please pray for our service men and women in Afghanistan and elsewhere around the world.
6 comments:
I'm with you on this, Nan...we seem to be a crowd of two...
- J.
Jeff, thank you for the comment. I was heartened to find that right after I posted this as my status on Facebook . . . a number of people commented in agreement (or "liked") it right away. Several shared it as their own status following. I suspect that as at other times in history, the vocal who capture the media color what people think of as "majority." I hope more articulate a more loving, respectful response to this recent event -- something that may have been necessary, but is no cause for jubilation.
So glad to read this. I feel the same and reflected similar feelings on my post yesterday.
I agree wholeheartedly. I posted the same sentiment on Monday morning as soon as I heard the news and saw the TV footage of jubilant crowds celebrating. It made my heart sick.
I love that you posted that. A dear friend called me at work hours after the news broke, disturbed by the rallies in New York and we talked, feeling like we were the only ones with these thoughts. A life is a life is a life no matter how monstrous the life.
Thanks for posting this. It reflects the sentiment of many who felt that rejoicing was out of place. Let's hold the rejoicing for a time when we may all break bread.
Post a Comment