Sunday, June 10, 2012

in these shoes?

WJPP here on a promising looking Sunday after a few days of unstable weather and our share of rain. Today is supposed to clear off and be sunny with temperatures in the 80s. This DJ is glad I type out my song introductions, because I am on day-four of a bout of laryngitis, and not that it was fun to begin with, but I am really not having fun anymore. I suppose I could try to enjoy the fact that my voice has a vaguely sexy Demi Moore quality, but the fact is, I just don't feel all that good. I am sick of drinking gallons of hot tea and needing extra sleep, and I am really not happy that I had to miss two fun events yesterday. I finally listened to my mother's advice to pull out the vaporizer and tie a bandanna around my neck for some added warmth. Last evening I found a lavender-colored bandana to match my pajamas, and I slept fairly well with the gentle bubbling of the vaporizer in the background.... however I look like some kind of sick cowgirl in purple.

T.M.I. Right. Let me focus. So what song to play? How about a little Kirsty MacColl and In These Shoes? This song is so droll and funny and, well it always puts me in a pretty good mood. If you don't have the album that this song is from, do yourself a favor and get a copy. Tropical Brainstorm is one of my favorite albums. Longtime readers of this blog will know that you can find more Kirsty in the archives here. Have yourself a good day. I will try to do the same.


2 comments:

Brother Ollie said...

I love mild rants and music!

Senor LaSalle said...

Muy caliente!