in the church organ loft
adoration shines
and not just for God
Copyright ©
2012 Nan P.
We Write Poems asked us to write a poem in 12 words. Process notes: The original instructions said to"count fingers plus two," and instructed us that this process was obviously about brevity -- and breathing in and breathing out. The combination of fingers plus the moment of breathing in and breathing out brought me back to a moment of my childhood. I used to ride my bike to church by myself so that I could climb the long, winding stairs into the church loft at St. Mary's Church to watch my grandfather play the organ for mass. I would take part in mass, but I was really there to hang out with my grandpa. I adored him.
6 comments:
Oh, Nan...and now I have tears in my eyes for your special grandfather moment...how very precious are your memories.
How cool that we both wrote of grandparents!!! :)!
Sweet, wonderful memories of a special person and the meaning they have in our lives. Also really enjoyed your notes and the backstory.
Elizabeth
I really love this one. Well done.
That is beautiful and tender, nan.
Pamela
So so sweet a memory. You brought us there.
While I think all places of worship are unique and special - it is indeed the people too that help these buildings make glorious music. Glad you were able to capture this wonderful memory to share with us.
Thanks for your visit.
Post a Comment