Recipe for an early morning on September 2nd:The boys went off on a fishing trip early this morning. It is not easy to wake up a teenager at 6 a.m. after he has put in a summer of staying up too late each night (later than his parents) and sleeping in much of each morning. I got up to help Tom get the canoe on the car. They were heading to pick up another guy and two of Matt's buddies and they are sure to have fun. I kind of hope they don't catch anything big enough to keep, because I don't exactly relish the drama of Matt filleting the fish and the expectation of me cooking it today. I have another dinner in mind.
The morning is very cool and the dew on the grass touching my feet through my slides reminded me of vacation. It is sunny and will be a beautiful day today. Instead of going back to bed, I decide to stay awake and start my morning in a peaceful and quiet house. I am starting a new book, and I think sitting outside will be the place to be!
I made myself a delicious coffee this morning. Maybe you would like to try this as a treat! It is a variation of a caffè breve orange that I sometimes get at our local drive-through, Coffee Mania. This is a take on a latte, that traditionally mixes espresso with steamed half and half, and an optional flavor syrup. It is great hot or iced. I made a cup of dark roast coffee, with regular half and half, and added a dollop of honey and a few drops of orange extract. If I do say so, this was an amazing way to greet this beautiful day. Next time I make this I am going to add whipped cream! [post script... I had a second one, and added the whipped cream...pictured here. It was amazing!
Have a great Sunday. Off we go.
1 comment:
Looks (and sounds) delicious.
Post a Comment