winter is still here
-- ennui sets in like dust
on mini-blinds
just two days
after they were cleaned.
there is no blessed blue sky
out my window,
like I deserve,
frankly,
this instant.
the unbalance of emotions
is subtle with few highs
and mostly lows
but no snares, no slaps,
no gasps.
winter is still here
like it was in the first place
not riding in
on elegant Pegasus wings
but ubiquitous as the grey.
Copyright © 2013 Nan P.

12 comments:
Such a wonderful write...yes, winter is still here, and we are still here, I love greys, all greys, subtle, mysterious.
Weather can often be a totally grey area.
winter is still here
like it was in the first place
Great lines and a lovely picture painted
"like I deserve, frankly, this instant". I love it.
You have captured this particular phase of winter SO well. The greyness definitely permeates everything. Nice to see you at Poetry Pantry!
This is wonderful, Nan. I definitely catch the sense of blah. Your rich language use contrasts the mood of the piece. Brava!
Oh, but it's so close to being shooed away by beautiful spring... and I can't wait.
I came here straight from Pamela's Mexican morning piece. Yours is like the other side of an argument. And you do, for sure, deserve better. Me, too. bletch weather.
Oh, yuck grey weather, however, I do miss snow, but I think I will stay where I am at, lol. Nicely done, nan.
Pamela
Really captured the frustrating gray mood of this month...
It does set the mood but offers the anticipation of spring. A beauty, Nan.
I hear you - I'm looking forward to Spring as well!
Post a Comment