One of the reasons I wandered over to YouTube surfing for some different Joni music is because of the book I am now reading. I have wanted to read it since it came out in 2008, but didn't manage to get it on my Nook until last month. It is called Girls Like Us, (by Sheila Weller) and it is a 600 page biography of Carole King, Joni Mitchell, and Carly Simon and the journey of a generation. It is not my typical book selection. I generally prefer modern or historical fiction. This by its nature is on the gossipy side, though well-written. I am not far into the book, and I imagine it will take me a long time to read since I tend to only read these days during my daily 20 minutes on the elliptical -- but so far, it is fascinating. While I was never a fan of Carly Simon, learning more about two of my musical heroes Joni Mitchell and Carole King, is fun.
Anyway, back to the All-Star Tribute . . . I had posted this song before (back in 2008) here on WJPP, but the YouTube links are now broken. Let me try it again. I think it is probably my favorite performance of the evening . . . and there were some great ones. This is Cyndi Lauper signing Joni's Carey. If you have time for the entire concert, click on the link above. Have a great day. There are several notable performances!
No comments:
Post a Comment