Friday, December 13, 2013

sarah jarosz on a snowy, cold day


It's that time of year. It is snowy and cold. It gets dark so early. The lights of the season borrowed from our pagan ancestors way, way back do their best into tricking us to be cheerful and get us through these dark days until we are on the other side of the solstice. I sometimes fall for it and sometimes I absolutely don't.

Work has been busy, I have a cold, and lots to do, to do, to do. I tend to write in lists when things get like this. I know I am a bit run down from three weeks of traveling, and I am trying not to be resentful that I am now under the weather in time for holiday preparations. Have I always been a fragile flower, ha ha? I am due to go to see my niece dance in The Nutcracker tomorrow. I will not let a cold keep me down, but the weather may keep me grounded. A storm is coming in tomorrow. I am trying to figure out if I can leave early enough for the hour and a half trip to get there safely. It is a fun weekend I have been looking forward to. I guess time will tell, yes?

So this is a great young artist who sings folk, blues, bluegrass, Americana, or whatever you want to call the magic that is Sarah Jarosz. This is a recent Tiny Desk Concert courtesy of NPR Music. The set list includes: Over the Edge, Build Me Up From Bones, and Fuel the Fire. Beautiful stuff. Enjoy.

1 comment:

splendid said...

Lovely Nan!!
Thanks for sharing this wonderful music--quite the gift!
merry merry to you and yours