Sunday, March 30, 2014

time - in paradox

I have no time.
All I have is time.
I have no time, I growl,
to get to the root of the problem
to plan for my future
to pack my bags and
earn my way to heaven
to heal

why?

All I have is time
for spinning my wheels
for mending rows of damaging thoughts
for shivering in the wings where
an icy draft bursts through the calm
of now

© nan, 2014

[Notes: Anyone who stops by JPP for poetry has not found much here lately. This morning after a disturbed sleep, and definitely not enough rest, I looked at these words and saw a quick poem in them... All contradictions and scattered, but still, a poem. The Wordle words for The Sunday Whirl are:  root, plan, pack, heaven, growl, heal, burst, rows, shivering, mending, why, and time. So many fritter away their time with undisciplined thoughts instead of trying to just be "present." We really do have all kinds of time.]

13 comments:

Laurie Kolp said...

So true... we get caught up in daily like and forget to work on what's really important.

Laurie Kolp said...

*life*

Sabra Bowers said...

Great wordle. Much truth in it, for many.

author.nara.malone said...

My constant lament, no time, when taking time would add it.

Belva Rae Staples said...

Oh, this is rich with truth!

Gail said...

Wise words.

Walt Wojtanik said...

Nan, Time is truly fleeting, but we make the most of the packets we can savor. Hang in there!

Old Egg said...

For a race that has not enough time we sure do waste a lot of it!

Cuidado said...

Nan, guess what! My no-leafed, half dead amaryllis has sprouted and grown to about 11 inches so far. I have no idea how enough life was left in the old gal but perhaps the talk of throwing it away has scared it into blooming.

Jae Rose said...

Scattered contradictions often conceal a very apt truth..

nan said...

Thanks for the comments, all. Cuidado, that is great news about your amaryllis. Who knew?

flaubert said...

nan, seems like I have too much time lately. Well said. Thank you for the supportive comment on my blog. I am having some difficulties in adjusting to my "new" life. I have begun to speak with Michael over some major life decisions and it is helping me focus. I know he is here with me in spirit.

Pamela ox

Dell Clover said...

I loved, related to this well!