Sunday, April 6, 2014

acquiescence

It's a sunny Sunday and it's time to whirl! The Wordle words over at The Sunday Whirl today are: barrier, detail, diamond, pleat, power, strap, swing, suspend, tough, unit, waterfall, and zip. I like a good conversational poem, and I put this in first person, second person format.

acquiescence

I said,
there seems to be a barrier
between your mind and your soul
with sweet truth hiding like a diamond
inside a tough pleat in the armor
around your heart

you said,
love is in the details
and you can't help it
if I have mood swings
and my tears flow
like silent gushing waterfalls

then, I figure out the power
of your defense again
when you strap the issue
onto me and zip up tight –
suspending
any more inquiry

I said, I guess
you and I are not unified whole
we are separate units –
complete
but part of something
more complex

© nan, 2014

6 comments:

Jae Rose said...

I like the use of dialogue..could be between two separate people or an internal realisation..either way two parts often do make a whole

Sabra Bowers said...

Nan, I like your conversational poem, too. Well wordled and a pleasure to read.

brudberg said...

The way you used the words works so well.. nothing strained with them at all.

Old Egg said...

Yes, this was a great dialogue to read. "Sweet truth hiding like a diamond" was a delight.

Andy Sewina said...

Yeah, love this conversational piece.

brenda w said...

Oh Nan, the opening to your dialogue makes me want more, and you don't disappoint. Your armored pleat is perfect.