
Dear Easter Bunny,
I used to be terrified of you when I was a small child. Then I figured you out when I was 5 (and all the rest of the lot too). Now, I love you forever, because you bring me things like dried apricots and a Lindt Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut bar . . . one of the best chocolate bars on the planet. Oh yeah! The Easter Bunny is me.
Best Wishes,
Nan
PS Chocolate made me feel better just now. Maybe I have turned a corner. . . or all these days with a fever have made me turn silly.
2 comments:
This is the "sweetest" post about Easter I have read. I was scared of all mythology when I was a kid... including the Tooth Fairy. It was like, get away from my pillow!!
And now as we grow, we know all the best secrets of life are covered in chocolate. Loved this.
Also, thanks so much for posting your support for Riley about the loss of her friend Nina. She went on my blog and took so much strength from everyone's words. Amy
Amy, I am still so sad about your daughter's friend Nina. I hope that Riley - and all of you - find peace and that the safety of that crossing will finally be improved!
I'm with you about the mythology of youth...although I have to admit, I did like the idea of a fairy much more than a giant, weird rabbit.
Post a Comment