"I'm fine." Thanks Jessica Hagy. Good one.
[And meanwhile, I am not really fine. After one month of getting my inspiration off the labels of my Halls Honey Lemon cough drops (they have messages now, don't you know?), taking occasional shots of Robitussin expectorant with a couple of Tylenols, drinking copious amounts of echinacea tea with honey, and taking Airborne every day or so... I finally gave in and decided that this thing I have not been able to get rid of since before I left for Florida... was not getting better. I went to the doctor yesterday and I have bronchitis. Damn. I hate antibiotics and inhalers, but here I am. It started out as a sore throat and cold, and apparently this is what happens when you have to work a lot of hours and rarely rest. Hmmm. I haven't stopped just yet... with minor travel tomorrow and more on Monday, but I sincerely hope the weekend brings some rest. And then... I'll be fine.]

2 comments:
Hope you can have a long weekend, sounds like you really need it.
I am not usually someone who flogs wonder drugs but I can from personal experience recommend bromelian. In Europe it has now been approved for treatment in sinusitis and bronchitis due to its anti-inflammatory effects, esp. when it comes to reduce swelling in small vessels such as bronchiolae (which in turn results in clearing of these clogged passages). It's not in any way dangerous or interferes with other medications. The drag is that you have to remember to take it 30 mins before a meal and I usually forget that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromelain
@Sabine, thanks! I am not sure if I can get bromelian here but I will definitely check it out!
Post a Comment