"For the first time, a film gives audiences a front row seat to a significant and inspiring scientific breakthrough as it happens. Particle Fever follows six brilliant scientists during the launch of the Large Hadron Collider, marking the start-up of the biggest and most expensive experiment in the history of the planet, pushing the edge of human innovation."
As much as I love going to the movies, and even have a favorite, special movie theater just 25 minutes away, the busy pace of every day life these days precludes me getting to movies as often as I'd like. With the advent of the Netflix DVD program, I immediately became a poster child. Over the past few years I watch fewer and fewer movies and have transitioned to more television series - due to the shorter time bytes to watch a commercial-free episode. I was slower to switch over to streaming, but now that I have, I truly have no need for cable television (although the baseball fans in my household do appreciate having it.)
Given that I hardly ever watch movies anymore, last night, being a Friday night of a holiday weekend, we decided to forgo continuation of West Wing Season 5 for a night to watch this film we had been meaning to get to a theater to see. (West Wing, you say? Wasn't that on from like 1999 to 2006? Yes - and we were busy with a baby and young child during those years so never tuned in. So glad we are watching it now! Great show!)
Netflix has added a category for the queue of "critically acclaimed" movies. This movie is on that list. Recommend!

No comments:
Post a Comment