Monday, September 29, 2014

is that all there is?

Good morning from WJPP. I felt like playing an oldie with a twist this morning. Some people think of Peggy Lee when they think of this song, "Is That All There Is?" Yes, she made it famous and was terrific. But someone more contemporary does it even better . . . and this is not even so new any more. Back in 1998, the Walden Woods Project put together a tribute album of jazz standards sung by contemporary singers... with a crescendo leading up to Joni Mitchell's set closer Stormy Weather, (also the album title name). Larry Klein had a hand in this project. It is an amazing collection of songs; this live performance CD was never released. It was the best marketing "giveaway" I have ever received.

I hope you had a great weekend. It was a lovely, busy, lovely weekend. It's Monday. I am thinking... is that all there is to a weekend? Enjoy!


No comments: