to stop searching,
to know in your heart,
not just your mind,
that the ocean of gold
lies within you
in each moment.
it is the secret of ages
just out of reach --
a star-crossed lover,
an old expression,
a platitude.
each of us
is a miner
with a paycheck to earn
we keep trudging on
in the dark.
we live.
© nan, 2014
[One quick poem before I hit the road. I saw the Wordle words over at The Sunday Whirl, and this came together quite quickly. Posted over at Poets United, for some extra fun. I will be around to read others' poems when I get to my destination later this evening. ]

14 comments:
Yup! Well said...
ZQ
the reality we all should acknowledge
in the dark we live..interesting concept here.
so very true!!
I'm not at all sure that I want to stop searching, because I keep finding new things!
Whirling with Amy
Thought provoking and interesting write
My immediate thought was I'd give everything but then what would we do without needing to search for something?
I love the "ocean of gold is within you" and the metaphor of us all being minders, trudging in the dark.........fantastic!
wonderfully said...yes, trudging on!
stacy lynn mar
http://warningthestars.blogspot.com/
wonderfully said...yes, trudging on!
stacy lynn mar
http://warningthestars.blogspot.com/
Hiya Nan,
Loved the depth achieved here via counterpoint here between the "ocean of gold within you" and "trudging on in the dark" Great stuff! With Best Wishes Scott www.scotthastie.com
Hiya Nan,
Loved the depth achieved here via counterpoint here between the "ocean of gold within you" and "trudging on in the dark" Great stuff! With Best Wishes Scott www.scotthastie.com
I agree with Scott....those exact same things stood out to me as well. Beautiful.
Great poem. Very vivid imagery.
Post a Comment