solstice flames
burn away a thousand worries
from the past
sweat out
false performances and snags
reduce panic to
fearless choice
this is the shortest day
tomorrow brings
more light
gradual, imperceptible,
expansion
how to go on . . .
eyes look high, look through
heart always centered
self-help, self-talk, self-less
into the next cycle
© nan, 2014
[Written for The Sunday Whirl and Poets United, my first moment of writing in several weeks in honor of the winter solstice. I am grateful for a moment's peace - and letting the words sink in.]

11 comments:
What a celebration...I love the idea that tomorrow our light will slowly start expanding...and the self-help..self-talk line - was it inspired by Country Feedback/REM?
@Jae Rose - I wonder if I was subconsiously inspired by that great REM tune!? It was definitely not conscious homage...but I do know that song and love REM. Perhaps I had internalized that lyric.
Beautiful affirmations for positive living........love "heart always centered" and self-less.......
"reduce panic to
fearless choice"
luv how this drives the reader into
action of "more light "
Merry Christmas
much love...
Wonderful! Let us begin and continue.
ZQ
It is good at this time of year, I think, to realize we are completing one cycle and beginning another. I like the idea of 'self-help, self-talk, self-less in the next cycle.' May it come to pass!
The winter solstice is the turning point and one of hope that the future will be brighter and all things are possible.
It's a great song and lyric to have absorbed...I think of it often
Definitely glad the days are getting longer from today.. even if just a minute at a time!
How wonderful it wuld be if our wisdom expanded with the Light! I trust it does, though I never reach perfection.
Love this. My way as well. Love candles. Flames go from heart to heart...
Post a Comment