Thursday, January 1, 2015
new day, new year
This is the first pin oak photo of 2015. It is crisp, sunny, and cold out there this morning. Happy New Year! I am feeling peaceful and tired - even though I did get eight hours of sleep and had a very mild NYE. I went to sleep at 11:55 p.m. out of some ironic principle that I didn't want to watch a ball drop on television. Our city does a very nice ball drop of its own with fireworks at midnight and plenty of revelry (I know this because I watched a video of it on Facebook this morning.) It really isn't my thing, but I am glad others enjoyed it.
Yesterday was a work day, but we got in a great movie with friends late afternoon. I highly recommend Wild. See it on the big screen. What a movie! The story is deep, emotional, and riveting. The cinematography and scenery -- stunning. The film takes you along and brings you through catharsis. We then had a nice cup of coffee out at an interesting little coffee and waffle shop, followed by a late dinner of Chinese delivery, and another movie on Netflix. Another highly recommend for its quirky hilarity - very different than Wild - The History of Future Folk. Loved it. Then we watched the second half of cult comedy The Cable Guy with Matt to bring us to nearly midnight (no need to link the trailer)... Enough said? It was fun, though.
How do I want to start 2015? Precisely this way: I am not hungover in the least because I had my one beer with Chinese food. It feels good to wake up fresh with sunlight coming in the windows!
I have been indulging in coffee with Purity eggnog as cream in the mornings (that has got to stop and it will as soon as Matt and I finish that second quart), and have been sampling sweets at will for more than a week now...coupled with a break in the exercise routine. All of this too has got to stop. I think today may be the day to take down the tree. We ordinarily make plans for New Years Day and we have not done so this year. Matt wants to snowboard, as he has each and every day of his winter break, and Tom and I plan on an afternoon winter hike somewhere close by.
Wishing you peace and a smile today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment