I live in you
I swim the inky channel of grief,
non-linear as it is,
from a single point
or multiple points of view
I won’t capitulate
won’t condemn
won’t be rendered powerless
world of joy
I live in you
reveling in sense pleasures
sound, sight, smell
I taste the world and feel its touch
peace washes over me
I engage life’s sweetness
resist ennui
generate energy of presence
world of equanimity
you live in me
I need to find you
there, abiding with suffering
and the calm
there in veils of tears
and in euphoria
at the end
I wish to be a sailing vessel
moving smoothly
and fully balanced
in the breezes --
not a ship that
lists
one way
or the other
© nan, 2015
[Written for last weeks Sunday Whirl... a week late, and also for Poets United.]

12 comments:
I've been swimming in the inky channel of grief this morning.
there is joy to be found...and if we can find that stream and live in it...how much more will life be...
we all find ourselves in grief at times....but we do not have to make our life there...
I do like the idea of being a sailing vessel....and to think of life being smooth sailing as much as possible.
I think even through the inky waters of sorrow it's better to keep a straight course.. very good.
Well said/written.
ZQ
Loved this Nan - just my kind of poem. Deep, tender, lilting and with a lyrical truth that resonates with the openness of your heart's ambition... Thank you - made my evening here in the UK With Best Wishes Scott www.scotthastie.com
Loved this Nan - just my kind of poem. Deep, tender, lilting and with a lyrical truth that resonates with the openness of your heart's ambition... Thank you - made my evening here in the UK With Best Wishes Scott www.scotthastie.com
I am working toward that balanced sailing vessel Nan....but I do get caught up in that inky channel from time to time...loved the flow of this!
Great image of the ship of self, balanced. Reminds me of that line by Katherine Hepburn in the Philadelphia Story when her ex-husband brings the toy boat as a wedding gift.--"She was yar!" Oh, wasn't she!
that first line totally describes my feelings
If we raise our own sails then we can survive many a storm..maybe even find safer shores..lovely write
We all list, its just how quickly do we even out after the storm.
Post a Comment