Sunday, January 25, 2015

spirit armor

opposite of trite:
powerful words
travel miles
through the medium of ethers
they aim
they land
they scorch
they etch
blood initials
onto mind’s eye

I fall to no spell
spirit armor wraps me
words merely
paint henna tattoos
on surface skin

© nan, 2015

[Written for The Sunday Whirl. The words were:  trite, spell, scorch, miles, aim, spirit, words, maybe, chime, land, mind, and sign. I used all except for "chime," but I incorporated the imagined chime of a high-pitched bell, the the ringing inside an ear, to start the poem... so feel free to imagine that, and when the sound ceases, read the poem.]

3 comments:

vivinfrance said...

This is much more what I would like to have made of those words! Bravo.

flaubert said...

A truly, nicely written piece, nan.

Pamela ox

C.C. said...

"words merely paint henna tattoos on surface skin"---this is such descriptive imagery....makes it sound so beautiful and painless, like art!