Sunday, May 3, 2015

all the light we cannot see

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr is an amazing, beautiful, painful book. It is an important book to help us not forget what happened during WWII, and it is written from perspectives I hadn't spent a lot of time contemplating. The prose throughout this novel reads in places like surreal poetry. I found myself reading and re-reading certain passages.

While I was reading this book -- slowly so that it would not end -- it won the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. When I finally read the last page, I decided to read more about how and why Doerr wrote it and I found this treat: a video of Doerr discussing the book. It is worth watching! I also enjoyed this Goodreads Interview with Doerr.

Please read this book. I will be recommending it to everyone who loves history, language, and an exploration of love and humanity during war times. Simply breathtaking.

No comments: