"Sonnets and songs about love capture the real commonality of the experience while flattering our sense of its singularity"
The link below takes you to a New Yorker piece by the brilliant Adam Gopnik on Why Love Lyrics Last...some of the best writing I have read in a while! Not only do I find thinking about Shakespeare and lyrics to love songs interesting, this piece contains truth and humor and some paragraphs that send me off thinking... especially at the end. What is love? Do men and women view love differently? How do I see the world and why? It really doesn't get better than this piece. When you have a few minutes, take a read: June, Moon, Tune. We might want to see things as singular. Singularity is surface, y'all.
As a side note, I am so grateful to have The New Yorker in my life.
As a side note, I am so grateful to have The New Yorker in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment