Sunday, August 16, 2015

meanderings

Hello! Wow, it has been awhile since I have sat down at the keyboard to jot down a few thoughts or share a few images. We were away the first week in August and my intention was to mostly unplug, and I mostly did. I didn't even bring my laptop, and I had very little cell phone service unless I took a walk to the end of the dock. The place where we stayed had WiFi, though, so I did play some Words With Friends and hopped onto email, Instagram and Facebook a couple of times. Last week was very busy being back at work. This is the first chance I have had to sign on here at JPP.
The week in the Adirondacks was really lovely. The weather was perfect -- low to mid 70s, virtually no rain, a cold lake to swim in, tennis, mountain climbing, good food, and the camaraderie of family. We are very lucky to be able to spend the time together. The teen enjoyed his cousins. We got dressed up one evening and went to dinner, and otherwise took turns cooking. There were between 8 and 15 of us at any given time. It was great. I got to see some beautiful birds... a loon, a cormorant, a wood thrush, a great blue heron, and others. I was able to take a few paddles in the canoe. All in all it was a really healthy, active, enjoyable week -- one that I really needed and appreciated after not taking more than two days off in about a year. A job change will do that. I took many, many photos. Here are just a few. You get the idea. 







No comments: