I believe I will forever pause on September 11th. I will light a candle of remembrance and support. One of my favorite sites is gratefulness.org. To see the candle flicker for the next 48 hours, you can visit this link: http://www.gratefulness.org/candle/136221/. Screen capture below...
This doesn't mean that healing doesn't occur. Over time it does. 9/11 is a birthday for many. It will be a day of celebrations as well as remembrances, because life does go on. I re-read some of my previous September 11th posts this mornig. I re-read layers of ash. And I move to the rest of the day ahead, and fun plans in the evening (a birthday gift to go see a band in Ithaca tonight). Part of my heart keeps those pebbles of pain tucked away for safekeeping, to pull out and polish when I need to. The majority of my heart is reserved for the capacity for joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment