Storypeople always seems to get it right. Thanks, Brian Andreas!
Sorry I have been absent from this space. I have been standing up and doing the things I see that need doing. I have been working several evenings per week doing student training sessions. I enjoy doing them, but the evenings are racking up.
Last weekend we were preoccupied with a fundraising event to raise money for a gay rights organization in Belize. Tom played host to a New York Times magazine writer who wrote this article, (here), last May. Hosting usually means picking someone up from a bus station or airport, taking them to dinner, touring them around some local area, and getting them back to the airport - in addition to going to whatever events are planned. I did some "spouse"accompanying, but also had to do my own things - so it was a good, interesting, fun, and busy weekend. We are lucky that one of our colleagues has a huge Victorian and she regularly opens up her home to have campus guests like this stay there, so we didn't have all the responsibility.
Sunday night was the incredible super moon, the blood moon, and total lunar eclipse. We got very lucky and had clear skies. I stayed up (yes, past 10:30 p.m.) to watch and it was really incredible. I did capture a few photos, but nothing like what I saw online taken with cameras much better than mine. Still, I won't forget the sight for a long time. It was SO cool.
This week is flying by already. I went to my last school open house this evening for the senior in high school. Having just one child, these things have so much weight. I cried on the drive home. I didn't expect to, but I did. Everything ends. I know this. Still, sometimes I get surprised by it. Some people close to me are going through some very difficult times, and I find I am doing more evening texting, recommending Pema Chodron's, The Places That Scare You, and Barbara Brown Taylor's An Alter in the World, books. I want to help comfort people when they are in pain. These books helped me during some trying times.
So that is it. Just hopped on tonight to in essence say a quick hello. I long to have some free time to search out some new things to post here. I'll be back soon, I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment