Saturday, October 17, 2015

bright side

Oh good. I just got 2% of my daily allowance of iron by eating one of my favorite indulgences...Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cups. I feel great! And iron too!

Last night I wrote this depressing little ditty:

you can distract yourself-
you're lucky.

i feel like i've been pushed out of the spaceship.
and i can't breathe.

Yes, dramatic. And yet, I was feeling some pretty deep, albeit temporary, despair. Instead of allowing myself to stay there, I watched the sinking feelings from a distance and went to bed early. I woke up, resilient, looking out at beautiful morning light, autumn sun rays over everything wet on the daybreak after a cold, autumn, night rain last evening. Even though I wanted to sleep in a bit, I made myself get to yoga, and that gave my day a really good start.

It was a full week with some hard things to deal with. We had a house guest for a couple of nights, an international colleague of Tom's. Today was cleaning and laundry day and we are off to a dinner with Tom's colleagues in the next town over. It should be enjoyable, even if on the obligatory side of things.

Tomorrow the house will be full of happy noise as my family will be visiting to celebrate two October birthdays. I am looking forward to it. Our family is adjusting to the loss of a longtime member of the family as my sister's marriage is ending.  While in the end things will probably be better on  many levels, right now it is really hard and sad making this change after having someone in your family for about 20 years.

What we have is each moment. What we have is onward. Ciao.




No comments: