Thursday, December 24, 2015

people places things

Life seems busy so much of the time that sitting down to a 90 minute movie is not an easy thing to do. Last night, though, after taking stock of holiday preparations and feeling satisfied, that is what we did. Netflix offered People Places Things (2015) with Jemaine Clement. I really liked this movie. It is labeled a comedy, but it isn't a laugher as much as it is an amusement with how life unfolds. I really, really liked this movie and if you get time, give it a watch. Here is the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bawtuko5zYs.

I spent the day with an odd sense of unease. I am learning a little bit about the Buddhist concept of "shenpa." For some reason, this film went along with my thoughts on shenpa and relaxing into those things that hook us, tighten us and cause us to shut down. I think I would have enjoyed this movie anyway, but there was an added gift in the movie, like a hidden surprise in a cereal box given the timing of watching it in the context of inner exploration on shenpa and all that seems to be bringing it to me these days. People, places, and things. Yep. 

No comments: