Monday, January 11, 2016

ground control to . . .

Far above the Moon 
Planet Earth is blue 
And there's nothing I can do

The New Yorker - Schwartz

I spent my lunch hour listening to David Bowie songs on WFUV streaming. What a talent. I appreciate all his art . . . thank you, David Bowie, for surrealism extraordinaire.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Celebrity deaths rarely bother me but Space Oddity was the first album I ever owned, given to me by an older, "cool" neighbor who was tired of listening to "Major Tom". I loved it and always loved Bowie. David Live at the Tower Theater in Philadelphia (really a few blocks west but no one would buy an album called David Live in Upper Darby) was a Jr. High staple and all the times I went to the Tower Theater when I was an older teenager (Peter Gabriel, Graham Parker, Elvis Costello) I never forgot that Bowie had been on that stage. A true original.