Sunday, January 3, 2016

river

Vacation comes to a close. A busy week will commence first thing tomorrow and on some level, I am ready to get back to the usual routine and work. We enjoyed some "small" entertaining this past week. We did get the tree and decorations down yesterday. It was sad walking through the living room this morning, but a few hours later, things seem back to normal. (I did leave three white candle lights in the front windows... I figured they could be cheering for a couple more weeks in the evenings.)

It is snowing steadily outside and we just finished the last two installments of a five-episode television series on Netflix called River. It was terrific. I don't want to give anything away. Let's just say it is worth watching, and carefully. It is a detective show set in London. It delves into dysfunction on several levels as it solves a crime and unfolds a tightly folded human heart. The characters are all very interesting and several of them are absolutely lovable. Others, not so much. Anyway, I recommend it to you. It reminded me a bit of the Life on Mars series I liked so much a few years ago, although that was a bit lighter, involved time travel, and was much a much longer running series. 

Have a good week ahead. Here we go, 2016.

2 comments:

Nan said...

I loved it. Never seen anything like it. And wasn't Nicola Walker just fantastic!

Sabine said...

I really loved it. And if you can access it, watch Unforgotten with Nicola Walker next. Another British crime series, excellent.