Wednesday, March 30, 2016

washington, dc beauty and the flu that followed

Sorry for the extended blog absence. I went to a great conference last week Monday through Thursday in Washington, DC. Came home late Thursday night, worked Friday, and came down with the flu on Friday night. This, despite my flu shot in the fall. I am in the 40% for whom the vaccine did not "match up" with the strains. And it has not been fun. I will spare you stories from fever delirium that I experienced for 48 hours. I will spare you that I was weepy because my throat hurt so badly I could have cried every time I had to swallow and it was too painful to sleep. Finally after five days of this I can talk again (kind of). I have turned a corner. Thank God. I started the Tamiflu just under the 48 hours into it they recommend. I am hoping this is helping to shorten the duration. I never want to have the flu again. It is a terrible thing. And now, please enjoy some photos I took on my cell phone. (And yes, I did get to see VP Biden! He addressed our conference for more than an hour. His passion on the topic of ending violence against women is palpable. It was a real treat.)














No comments: