Tuesday, March 15, 2016

winter aconite means spring


I've been a bad blogger lately. Sorry. My excuses are pretty valid. Work has been busy and play has been busy. In between I have had my chores. I am practicing my band music whenever I get a free hour for the concert coming up on Sunday. I can't wait. I leave Monday for a conference for four days. I am reading a really interesting and powerful book called Dietland by Sarai Walker. On television, there are so many good Netflix shows to catch up on (and why do I keep going back to 30 Rock re-runs to just laugh?) I can only take so much of Nurse Jackie and Battle Creek.

This photo was snapped on my phone on Saturday. We took a walk over at Cornell Plantations, and the winter aconite is popping up everywhere in the botanical gardens. Winter aconite means spring, even if we are forecast to get snow this weekend. It has been a winter of extremes - mostly mild for around here - but with some weeks of bitterly cold weather and wind, and several "shovelable" snow falls (most coming when Tom was away.) I think we used the snow blower just two times. There have been some very unseasonably warm days. It has been pretty odd.

Anyway, it is spring break at the college where I work. I am saving my vacation days for better weather, so off I go into work. It is actually nice to have it be a little quieter on campus. I am hoping I can "catch up." Wishing you well.

No comments: