Saturday, July 9, 2016

raised by wolves

Periodically I do a post on something I am watching on television, and these days I seem to only watch streaming shows. I had to break down and subscribe to the Acorn app on the Roku for more British shows. I got the 30-day free trial so that I could watch all of the available Grantchester episodes, and then I found series 2 of The Detectorists, which I love, so I just stayed with it. I have not been disappointed. It has been very worth the $4.99 per month.

My latest favorite, having just torn through the six episodes of available Series 1 in just two weeks, is Raised by Wolves. Hilarious. This is a re imaging of the writers' childhood -- "A large family is raised by an unconventional single mother on a council estate in Wolverhampton, England."

If you get a chance to catch this show, have a laugh with me. Here's a bit of trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7o7RITgN54. 

2 comments:

Jack said...

Season 2 of Detectorists??!! I haven't heard of Acorn but I may have to get it.

Jack said...

Great suggestion! Raised by Wolves is great but the documentary choice is first rate as well. We're headed for the true dog days in the next few weeks (high 90s and I'm sure a 100 in there somewhere) which means more than usual TV time. Glad I saw your post.