My birthday, as pleasant as it was, has come and gone; Labor Day Weekend, so beautiful as it was, come and gone. The first day of school (on Facebook) has come and gone. [So, so odd to not have a first day of school after 13 years....] Things are abuzz on the campus where I work and I haven't sat down at the home computer to write for a bit of time.
I had mentioned I planned to treat myself to a new flute and I am ecstatic to report that I found a beautiful instrument ... it is hand-made, was pre-owned but well taken care of, and the nicest instrument I have ever played/ owned. In every spare moment I just want to practice! We have had off from band rehearsals since the beginning of August and start up again next week. I cannot wait.
With highs and lows, I try to keep the old Chinese parable with the wise refrain, "we'll see" in my mind to try to stay with some sense of equanimity. Do you know the story? Worth a read and a moment of contemplation.
Meanwhile, enjoy this driving piece, Roll the Bones, by Shakey Graves. Thought-provoking lyrics. I guess we may all be rolling those bones.
1 comment:
Belated best wishes for your birthday. Thanks for the music, this one is really good!
Post a Comment