I'll admit it. I'm a map nerd. I love 'em. In February, we looked at the Middle East on this blog. Now here is a fun game to help you practice or re-learn your European geography knowledge.I didn't do too badly first time around with a 34 out of 46 with an average error of 100 miles. I was close on several, but was just off the mark. What I like about this particular game is that if you don't drag the country to the correct location, the map lights up and makes you drag it to the correct spot. The program generates the average error in miles for those you place incorrectly. It is very cool. If you play it again, the game randomly selects the order of the countries, so you can't just memorize the sequence.
If you have the time or inclination, you can play the European Countries game HERE. This is only the Level 3 Intermediate level. This educational software site has more advanced levels too when you are up for the additional challenge. For more games from different parts of the world, you can go to the Sheppard Software main site for geography games and select the area you wish. Have fun!
3 comments:
With practice I got 43 of 46. I learned for sure where Belarus and San Marino are!
This is a fantastic geography site that I visit from time to time:
http://www.geosense.net/
Wow, I need to study my map! I thought I'd do much better than the last map and I actually got only half right! I was close on a lot, but no cee-gar! It was fun, though.
Post a Comment