Sunday, September 5, 2010

junior buddy: a jaguar's tale

Look who is in print. It's Junior Buddy the jaguar!! Followers of this blog may remember that Matt and I traveled to Belize a couple of times with Tom and his classes, and one of the focal points of those trips has been The Belize Zoo. TBZ is doing a great deal with conservation biology to save and preserve precious biodiversity and animals in Central America (click on the preceding link to learn more about TBZ's jaguar rehab program). I had the good fortune to meet Junior Buddy on both trips, and on the 2009 visit, I was able to go into a special enclosure within Junior Buddy's area and got to pet him.

He has a special story, and is a very special jaguar! This forthcoming Scholastic book is available for pre-order now at barnesandnoble.com or amazon.com, and it will make a great gift, not only for the 4-8 year old set for which it is advertised, but for animal lovers and children at heart everywhere!

No comments: