
"The cat walked by himself, and all places were alike to him."
This is one of my favorite quotations. It comes from a Rudyard Kipling story called The Cat that Walked by Himself. I like it in premise, and I also like it because in the story, turns out the statement just isn't true. So, it makes it very funny. I find that I am a lot like that cat -- both in premise and in truth. This cartoon reminded me to re-read the story and have a little laugh.
Speaking of walking, it is a beautiful and bright sunny day with temperatures around 11 degrees right now (with wind chill, "feels like 2 degrees"). I am excited to get out there and walk with Darci this morning for our constitutional brisk walk. The weather has been so cold, windy and unpleasant lately, that even though we've walked regularly and it has felt good to get some exercise, I have had to tune out the surroundings. Now, I can soak in some sun and convert some vitamin D! I love vacation.
Speaking of "all places are alike to me," the new carpet is in the living room and hall and it looks great! New living room furniture arrives this afternoon. It has been a lot of work preparing for this house face lift, but worth every bit of effort. Next week carpeting will be installed in three more rooms and the place will look really freshed up to get through the rest of this long winter.
We are looking forward to having good friends over for dinner this evening and playing some board games with our boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment