Friday, December 31, 2010

before the ball drops

The Big Tent poetry prompt this week is to write a list poem. Given the timing, this is what came forward for me.


before the ball drops

I will make my resolutions.
I will think loving thoughts.
I will make a grocery list.
I will make hors d'oeuvres.
ten
nine
eight
I will write a poem.
I will have a chocolate.
I will tidy up.
seven
six
five
I will have some coffee.
I will have some wine.
four
three
two
I will have some fun.
one
Happy New Year!!!!!

Copyright © 2010 Nan P.

7 comments:

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Do have fun! (I am going to continue on watching 5 episodes of LOST with my son to bring in 2011). Good list!

Anonymous said...

I like your inclusion of the countdown.

Anonymous said...

glad some chocolate and fun made it on the list!

flaubert said...

Nan, I will be doing the same thing.
I watch the ball drop every year, and lately thank my lucky stars I am not in that freezing cold weather. Nice one and a very Happy New Year to you.
Pamela

Jean Liv said...

Here's to the best in 2011 to you and your's!

Wayne Pitchko said...

Swiss chocolate and wine beside our wood stove....-18C outside up here in the mountains..but we are cozy...healthy and happÅ·...enjoyed your words...thanks for sharing and have a happy helathy NY

Ellie Finlay said...

Oh, this is truly delightful!