Sunday, December 29, 2013

good moment

quietly I hum along thinking
almost meditating
on the idea of a subtle tint
rose colored light
seeping through
the tip of my mind
integral to the peace
integral to learning the answer
integral to navigating the map

this is the last chance
again
to blast through
staid, staid convention
a tincture for ebullience
softly, softly, synchronizing
my breathing with the
off beats of the drums
spontaneous
pranayama

Copyright © 2013 Nan P.

[Wordle words:  think, tint, synchronize, softly, tip, integral, map, blast, chance, tincture, and answer. Written for The Sunday Whirl... maybe the last poem here at JPP for 2013. Also posted over at Poets United.

19 comments:

revelations said...

wonderful poem... love the theme spontaneous moments can be good for the soul...

Anonymous said...

Those ah-hah moments don't come often, but when they do are certainly worth the wait and time between them,

Elizabeth

brenda w said...

Oh, so lovely, Nan. You play well with sounds. That second stanza is beautifully gentle.

annell4 said...

Lovely indeed!

Gillena Cox said...

*•. ¸*•.¸*•.¸*•. *•.¸ ¸.•*¸.•*¸.•*¸.•*¸.•*
*... *...*...*░ HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!░* * *...*...*
¸.•* ¸.•*¸.•* ¸.•*¸.•* *•.¸*•.¸*•.¸*•.¸*•

didn't take part in today's wordle; still i'm inviting you to stop by my blog and share a link at the 'Twelve Days of Christmas' celebration

much love...

Unknown said...

This sounds like a good, peaceful moment!

flaubert said...

Spontaneity is always a delight, nan. Lovely poem. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Pamela

De Jackson (WhimsyGizmo) said...

LOVE your use of repetition here.

J Cosmo Newbery said...

A clam, gentle feel while reading this.

Grace said...

A good moment indeed ~ Happy New Year to you ~

Gabriella said...

We all need good moments every now and again!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Fantastic, Nan! Loved every line.

Old Egg said...

It is always good to have your own secret way to unwind, relax and restore the harmony of of you life. Still trying to find mine!

Sabra Bowers said...

Enjoyed your poem. I like the idea of the off beats of the drum. Well done.

Sumana Roy said...

nice thoughts..i like the placidity
....

vivinfrance said...

Nice one. The repetition is very effective. I had to look up pranayama - and I could really do with some of that energy and life force!

Pealogic said...

Do you know I love this, but am not sure why, or maybe can't articulate it. Forgive me.
Ciao
Pea.

Stormcat Poetry said...

I didn't even notice that it was a wordle until after I read it and looked around. Very well done!

humbird said...

Resonates with me :)