Saturday, April 19, 2014

miscellanea on a saturday in april

Bald Eagle feeding its young, CNY
A few Saturday thoughts . . .
  • I just learned via email that I posted my 1000th post on Tumblr. Most were re-blogs, but what-evs? What a fun platform that is. Tumblr suggested I do a post about it. I think they meant on Tumblr. Such a rebel I am.
  • Last evening, I had the good fortune to see some bald eagles just before the sunset (2 huge birds on a large nest, feeding 2 fuzzy-headed chicks) . . . thanks to an ornithologist friend who has a magnificent telescope. I even snapped some pics with my phone camera by holding it up to the lens. Unfortunately I wasn't able to snap the moment when the adult lifted its head, so this was the clearest shot I got. These birds are enormous!
  • Sadly I am skipping Saturday yoga at this very moment due to a not-so-nice sinus headache (yes, the health woes continue as I went back to the doc yesterday with the second day of mild fever and learned that I never really got better after the last round of antibiotics, and I am now on another round and this time for sinusitis.) Boo hiss. 
  • Taking it easy is not easy for me. I will try my best. I have some Easter dishes to prepare for a family dinner tomorrow and the usual weekend chores. Hard to determine which ball to drop.
  • Whatever you are up to for the weekend, do enjoy it. The weather here is supposed to be sunny and warmish. I am so, so happy about that! 

No comments: