So, it's been a little busy. Mostly fun busy, since I am mostly over bronchitis (and thank you, inhaler, for continuing to help me.) After a full work week last week with some travels, we actually went out on a Friday night with good friends for a drink and a snack. We found a new favorite place about 10 minutes away and that did me a lot of good even if it was just for a couple of hours. The weekend included a bridal shower and a family dinner - both out of town in different directions - around baseball and chores. Here we are at Tuesday after a full Monday with more baseball under our belts. Best of all we saw 70 degree temps and sunshine on the weekend and yesterday (even though we currently have snow... on the ground and in the air ... and temps in the 30s right now.) Matt's away game today is thankfully postponed, and we have an unexpected reprieve in the action for the evening. That is a good thing, because I realized I haven't even looked at bills in about two weeks. Whoops.
Rather than complain about something, I want to show you my latest entry in The New Yorker cartoon contest, below. And then visit this LINK to see the three finalists. You decide. Was I robbed? Again? This is the third time that a similar entry was chosen over one I thought was pretty good. My quest to be published in The New Yorker continues. :-) (And yes, I voted for the entry that was similar to mine.)
Post Script, I am attaching the winning caption below :-)
Post Script, I am attaching the winning caption below :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment